All capitalised terms used in this Notice which are not defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the circular to shareholders of the Company dated 9 July 2018.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that an Extraordinary General Meeting of the shareholders of mm2 Asia Ltd. (the “Company”) will be held at 2mm Talent Hub (1 Zubir Said Drive, #01-01, School of the Arts, Singapore 227968) on 31 July 2018 at 1.00 p.m. for the purpose of considering, and if thought fit, passing with or without amendment, the Special Resolution as set out below:
SPECIAL RESOLUTION – ADOPTION OF NEW CONSTITUTION
(a) the Regulations contained in the New Constitution submitted to this meeting and, for the purpose of identification, as set out in Appendix A of the Circular to Shareholders dated 9 July 2018, be approved and adopted as the Constitution of the Company in substitution for, and to the exclusion of, the Existing Constitution; and
(b) the Directors and/or any of them be and are hereby authorised to complete and do all such acts and things (including executing such documents as may be required) as they and/or he may consider expedient or necessary to give effect to this Special Resolution.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
Melvin Ang Wee Chye
9 July 2018
1. A member who is not a Relevant Intermediary is entitled to appoint not more than two (2) proxies to attend, speak and vote at the meeting of the Company. Where such member’s form of proxy appoints more than one (1) proxy, the proportion of the shareholding concerned to be represented by each proxy shall be specified in the form of proxy. “Relevant Intermediary” has the meaning ascribed to it in Section 181 of the Companies Act (Cap 50).
2. A member who is a Relevant Intermediary is entitled to appoint more than two (2) proxies to attend, speak and vote at the meeting of the Company, but each proxy must be appointed to exercise the rights attached to a different Share or Shares held by such member. Where more than one (1) proxy is appointed, the number and class of Shares in relation to which each proxy has been appointed shall be specified in the form of proxy.
3. A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
4. If a member is a corporation, the form of proxy must be executed either under its common seal or under the hand of an attorney or a duly authorised offi cer of the corporation.
5. A Depositor’s name must appear in the Depository Register maintained by The Central Depository (Pte) Limited as at 48 hours before the time appointed for holding the Extraordinary General Meeting in order for the Depositor to be entitled to attend, speak and vote at the Extraordinary General Meeting.
6. The instrument appointing a proxy or proxies must be deposited at the registered office of the Company at 1002 Jalan Bukit Merah #07-11, Singapore 159456, not less than 48 hours before the time appointed for holding the Extraordinary General Meeting. Completion and return of the form of proxy by a member will not prevent him from attending and voting at the Extraordinary General Meeting if he so wishes. In such event, the relevant Proxy Form will be deemed to be revoked.
Personal Data Privacy:
By submitting an instrument appointing a proxy(ies) and/or representative(s) to attend, speak and vote at the Extraordinary General Meeting and/or any adjournment thereof, a member of the Company (i) consents to the collection, use and disclosure of the member’s personal data by the Company (or its agents or service providers) for the purpose of the processing and administration by the Company (or its agents or service providers) of proxies and representatives appointed for the Extraordinary General Meeting (including any adjournment thereof) and the preparation and compilation of the attendance lists, minutes and other documents relating to the Extraordinary General Meeting (including any adjournment thereof), and in order for the Company (or its agents or service providers) to comply with any applicable laws, listing rules, regulations and/or guidelines (collectively, the “Purposes”), (ii) warrants that where the member discloses the personal data of the member’s proxy(ies) and/or representative(s) to the Company (or its agents or service providers), the member has obtained the prior consent of such proxy(ies) and/or representative(s) for the collection, use and disclosure by the Company (or its agents or service providers) of the personal data of such proxy(ies) and/or representative(s) for the Purposes, and (iii) agrees that the member will indemnify the Company in respect of any penalties, liabilities, claims, demands, losses and damages as a result of the member’s breach of warranty.
Kindly note that by attending the Extraordinary General Meeting, the members of the Company, their proxy(ies) and/ or representative(s) consent to the video-recording of the proceedings of the Extraordinary General Meeting, for the Company’s records
A copy of the circular can be downloaded here.